Friday, May 18, 2012

Getting ready for Little G's Party!


We are soon going to have my son's party. I have been trying to get all the birthday stuff together. Planing a camping CARS party can be... fun? hehe.

Anyways I have been looking up on Pinterest different ways to wrap his presents. I dislike buying wrapping paper unless I get a really good deal on it. ie. After Christmas sale! So I decided to use comic strips and newspaper. That isn't too cheap is it? I mean we are going camping! We are just going to throw it in the fire anyway! 

Here is a photo of his presents from Mommy and Daddy.
I made the bows!


I don't know. Hubby says jokingly it looks like Christmas. (He Liked it though) But hey it's his 2nd birthday! Like he is really going to remember that detail. I doubt when he is 20 he is going to say. Momma did it ghetto style and it ruined me. teehee.


Also in this post I wanted to share the flags I made. My mother-in-law gave me a CARS Party crafts and this caught my eye.





Sorry the pictures were a bit sketchy I had to take quick photos because hubby and baby boy wanted to take a golf cart ride before dark.

I say this project only costed me .57 cents for the black acrylic paint.

I used:

Black Acrylic paint - .57
6 Kabob Skewers - Already had
Acrylic Paint Paper - Already had.
(You could use any kind I guess. I was going to use printer paper but couldn't find any at the time.)
One Sponge - Already had.
Hot Glue and Glue Gun - Already had
Tape - Already had
Stickers from the Pinata left over



Take your sponge cut it to the size cube you want for the checkered flag.
Get your Paper, sponge, and paint ready.
The book said to use a ruler and pencil to get exact squares. But most likely they are going to messed up in the end anyways so I just eyeballed it.
When I started dabbing it, it didn't look like the photo in the book. (they never do) the sponge left little white dots as you may can see from my photo. So if you want them completely black you will need to go back over it a time or two. I wanted it kinda "rustic" so I left it as it is.
Then let dry.


For the skewers they weren't as long as I wanted to for the bigger flags so I taped two together. After the flags dry I took and rolled the flag carefully around the skewer to my liking. Then I hot glued and rolled. Keep in mind that parts of the skewer are coming out both ends. I made it so I would have as long as possible handle.
After they dried I took and cut the shorter end flush with the flag. There was a little gap since it was Acrylic paint paper is stronger so I added more hot glue to the top.

Like I said before I had extra stickers from my Lightning McQueen Pinata so I just Elmer's glued them to them. But they look pretty good without the stickers.

I just did one side! You could do both if you wanted.


Any other questions just ask!

More to come!

Thank you for reading!

~Gina Taylor~









No comments:

Post a Comment