Friday, August 30, 2013

Homemade Fiber Rich Banana Bread










Yummy yummy! Even though I skipped an ingredient but you can't even tell whoopsie!! Lol

Ok ok. Well Wanting to add Flax Flour and Wheat Brand I couldn't find a recipe so I had to make one. For THIS exact bread:




  • 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 Ripe Bananas
  • 1/2 Cup Flax Flour
  • 1/2 Cup Wheat Bran
  • 4-5 TBS water
  • 1/2 tsp Cinnamon for mix

  • Topping
  • 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
  • 1 TBS Brown Sugar

Preheat oven 350 degrees; Grease 8-1/2 X4-1/2 inch pan; set aside.
Mix dry ingredients in bowl; 
I separate bowl smash bananas, add egg and cinnamon.
Mix in bananas; slowly incorporate; add water as needed. Do Not Over Mix.

Pour in pan; add topping (More of you like), swirl, and bake.

Bake for 55-60 minutes.

Serving size. Cut in 10 slices; Each slice 133 Calories Approx. Less if cut smaller.


Now the recipes that I was basing this from called for 1/2 a cup of butter/margarine BUT I forgot it. It's up to you if you want to add it in. I didn't and my family thought it was good without it. Hey we saved some calories not adding it. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment